Supply Chain Pledges
- Responsible Sourcing
- Supply Chain Pledges
- Animal Welfare
- Animal Welfare Partnerships
We recognize the importance of transitioning to a net-zero world by 2050—limiting lobal warming to well below 2°C as targeted by the Paris agreement—and the need to transform the way food is grown and produced globally.
We’re committed to doing our part in creating a sustainable and equitable food system, working in partnership with our farmers, suppliers, and industry partners to:
- Transition to a net-zero food system by 2050 and halt deforestation.
- Protect biodiversity and preserve soil health.
- Protect and preserve water ecosystems.
- Improve the resilience and economic viability of farming communities and protect workers’ rights.
In response to this, we launched our 2025 Supply Chain Pledges, which outline how we intend to address sustainability considerations beyond the scope of our operations.
- Ensure 100% of our milk supply chain is covered by relevant sustainability standards where we have direct relationships with farmers—aligned with the goals outlined above.
- Advocate to ensure relevant sustainability standards are implemented across all of our milk supply chains where we do not have direct relationships with farmers.
- Contribute CDN$10 million to fund relevant initiatives.
- Source 100% of our principal ingredients sustainably.
In support of these efforts, we are engaged in a number of initiatives to move the needle forward—here are just a few:
We allocated resources to build our agriculture expertise to establish global sustainable agriculture standards that define the farming practices we expect from our milk suppliers.
We joined the Pathways to Dairy Net Zero and the Sustainable Agriculture Initiative platforms—both global, non-profit networks—to accelerate climate efforts and advance sustainable agricultural practices.
We became a member of the Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO), a global non-profit initiative that unites stakeholders to develop and implement worldwide standards for sustainable palm oil. As part of our membership, we are committed to sourcing 100% RSPO-certified palm oil.
Our Dairy Division (UK) joined the Sustainable Coconut & Coconut Oil Roundtable, a collaborative group committed to developing a sustainable coconut supply chain, which is a key ingredient in our plant-based cheese offering.