Health and Safety
Health and Safety
Keeping our employees safe and healthy is a priority and we continue to increase our efforts to ensure we embed a culture of safety across our operations. Supported by our global Health and Safety Policy, launched in FY21, we’ve been intensifying our efforts relating to Goal Zero, our focused approach to H&S based on driving a culture where our people are an integral part of the solution.
In FY21, we introduced our safety principles to guide our daily decision-making process:
- We insist our leaders, and all levels of employees, lead by example and embody our principles when it comes to safety.
- We ensure our people have the right equipment, standards and expertise to perform their employment activities safely.
- We trust our employees to make decisions that ensure a safe environment for everyone.
- We have a safety-first mindset and we prevent incidents by continually learning from successes, near misses and best practices.
- We embed health and safety principles into everything we do.
To embed our safety principles, we established our Safety Ambassadors Network, a group of more than 90 dedicated employees who act as change agents and help with the deployment of safety initiatives across our sites.
In addition to our Goal Zero program, we continued to focus on mental health and well-being during the pandemic. We provided mental health assistance programs to all employees globally and ensured our managers were equipped to support their teams by providing them with additional tools and training.
In FY2021, after seeing a downward trend for the last three years, our Total Injury Frequency Rate (TIFR) increased by 5% and our Lost Time Injury Frequency Rate (LTIFR) increased by 18%, mainly as a result of COVID-19.